Sara's Favorite October Picks!

Monday, May 2, 2016

THE MOTHERHOOD COLLECTIVE

Dear friends,


I believe that motherhood knows no beginning, nor no end.


Even little girls as young as 1 or 2 feel a maternal instinct toward a baby doll, a sibling or even animals...it is innate. There is a mother in each of us whether we know it or not or ever give birth.

With Mother's Day swiftly approaching, I'm reminded of many things and many times in my own life. As a mother myself, I'm reminded of the time, the prayer and the emotions that were invested into the years of trying to get pregnant. I'm reminded of the time prior to that when I didn't know if I was even cut out to be a parent. I'm reminded of my sweet journey through pregnancy and the daily struggles of having a new infant and the dark days of postpartum depression that I didn't even realize I was having until later in retrospect. I'm reminded of the present...the gift that God has given me in a beautiful and nurturing little girl.

I think of my own mom. Every time she got up in the middle of the night with me so that I didn't have to walk to the bathroom by myself in the dark. The innumerable pieces of toast that she brought me when I was sick. The time she took to read every novel she could to me and my brother. For every cut she tended to, every hug I received, every encouragement she gave me, every worry she has taken on...on my behalf.

Whether you are someone who is still considering whether you want to ever be a mother, struggling to conceive, dealing with the loss of a baby, struggling with dark days of postpartum depression or a happy mother of multiples with lots of advice to give...motherhood knows no beginning, nor no end.




Whatever stage you may be at in motherhood and whatever emotions you may be feeling, you must know something dear friends...NO ONE IS ALONE! Not only is no one alone, but there is a wonderful and beautiful organization that has been created with every woman in mind when it comes to their journey. The Motherhood Collective.

Whether it's joining their cafe' in person to hear generous speakers while enjoying a cup of tea and a treat, attending the playgroups to connect with other women and mothers while little ones play or you need a support group of women who TRULY understand exactly what you're feeling because they have either been there or ARE there...you will find it!



Nurture. Educate. Support.
My role in this beautiful organization is such a small one, but I am blessed nonetheless to have a role in it.



I want to encourage you dear friends to seek them out. If you're not in Lynchburg, Virginia it's ok! You can now join the cafe' groups via Periscope!!!!! How amazing is that?! You don't even have to leave your house and if you're clear across the country, you can still be a part of this amazing group of women!!! Please don't let your emotions fester. Don't sit at home feeling like you're the only one who has ever experienced what you're experiencing. You're not. And I do NOT say that to degrade your feelings. It's only that I personally know that feeling...that somehow no matter what people say, no one else in the world knows what you feel like. It's not true though. There are other women who know EXACTLY what you feel like, the women in this organization KNOW and they are there for you...wherever you are.



It's amazing how even wearing a t-shirt sometimes can make me feel just a little more powerful. Maybe it's just me. But it does. It has become my favorite t-shirt and I mean that sincerely. It's comfy, it's cozy, it's cute and it means something...something to me that spans through every stage of motherhood I've been through thus far. If you would like a t-shirt that makes you feel just a little more powerful too, then visit their shop HERE and see if there's one for you.




But in the meantime, please visit their website HERE!
Or on Facebook HERE!

You won't regret the connection and the education and the support!






I also encourage you dear friends to consider this week...what does motherhood mean to you? Is it a memory? A dream? A struggle? Motherhood knows no beginning dear friends, nor no end.

Blessings to you today!

No comments: