Sara's Favorite October Picks!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

CHEWY GRANOLA BARS!!!


Dear friends,

I have a weakness for a really good chewy granola bar with peanut butter and chocolate chips. I've wanted to create my own for a while and have made a version I am beyond pleased with!

I'm the one who cares about the chocolate in it, so I make two sides. One for me (the bigger side since I go through them faster) and my husband eats them too and another side for my little one.

They are gluten and dairy-free and completely chalked full of goodness with all of the nutritional benefits that come along with raw honey, raw pumpkin seeds and pecans and coconut oil too!

Now, will you be able to pull these apart and watch a string of stickiness between it? No. But they will hold well especially since they are kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to cut and eat them!


I don't need to say much about these bars except this...they are delicious, nutritious....just make them!!!

All you have to do it throw all of the ingredients into one big bowl. I prefer mixing it with my hands and I recommend it to you. It's easier to mix everything together well and really coat everything. Then put it on parchment paper into a pan with sides and form it into a tight formation against the sides so it will stay together. Put in the refrigerator and enjoy once it's chilled!!! Keep them stored in the refrigerator!




CHEWY GRANOLA BARS

1 CUP - ORGANIC OLD-FASHIONED OATS
2 ORGANIC LIGHTED SALTED RICE CAKES CRUMBLED (ADDS A FANTASTIC CRUNCH)
1/2 CUP - RAW PUMPKIN SEEDS
1/2 CUP - CRUSHED PECANS
1 CUP - RAW HONEY
1 1/4 CUP - ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER (I USE SANTA CRUZ BRAND)
2 TBSP - MELTED COCONUT OIL
1/4 CUP - ENJOY LIFE BRAND DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIPS (OPTIONAL)



No comments: