Sara's Favorite October Picks!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

CELEBRATE YOUR TRIBE (OF WOMEN)!


Dear friends,

As women, I believe that we find it very difficult to accumulate very many "true friends" in our lives that are women. I know that I personally don't trust easily and I don't open up to everyone just to open myself up. I know that when I come across another woman who I can trust, open up to, lean on, cry to, act like a fool with and know that that person is a prayer warrior on my side...let me tell you sisters...SHE BECOMES A PART OF MY TRIBE. I have a very small tribe of women, but they are my tribe and when I become true friends with someone, I am fiercely loyal.

If you have these kind of women in your life, then I encourage you to CELEBRATE them and celebrate what you share!  It may be a spa getaway or a night out on the town or all huddled together for an old movie with blankets, popcorn, chocolate and tissues. I have lots of ways I love to spend time with the women in my life, but when it comes to celebrating them altogether...I find that TEA is the perfect way to bring us in.

There is something having tea with friends that is quaint, cozy, quiet and familiar...almost like a story that you know you've read or heard many times and can't quite place...but you love it.


It is very rare that I can get my "tribe" together, but oh the joy it brings me when I do! I'm sharing a gathering we had one morning with you to perhaps inspire you to create an intimate and cozy breakfast gathering for your own tribe of girls...the ones you need to laugh and cry with.


This particular gathering was the first I had been able to have with everyone after I had my daughter. Each of these women played a pivotal role in my life either throughout my pregnancy, the first year of having her, or both. They each were someone that I truly could not have done without...especially during that time. A very specific word came to my mind when I thought of each woman and the role they played and I wanted them to have something special from me to know just how much they meant. I found this wonderful shop on Etsy and had custom tea spoons made for each of my girls with the word that described them. It was all very special to me. You can visit her shop HERE!


Who is in your tribe? I mean, REALLY in your tribe? Celebrate them! Let them know that the waters run deep! Life is short friends. I don't say that to sound cliche', but to affirm the need to celebrate those we hold incredibly dear to our hearts!



For me, a breakfast made from scratch...homemade biscuits & scones and fresh honey from our hives, duck eggs from our back yard, fresh fruit and organic black tea with cream was the perfect way to bring my tribe together. What is it for you?


No comments: