Sara's Favorite October Picks!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

COOKIES!!!! FINALLY!!! GLUTEN, DAIRY AND REFINED SUGAR-FREE!!

Dear friends,

This post will be extra dear to me because for a while I have tried and tried to create a delicious cookie that is gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free. It's hard to find a good cookie consistency while avoiding the extras...it really is. HOWEVER...I. Have. Done. It! The first version I'm going to share is my Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip recipe and then I have a fantastic Oatmeal Raisin that I just created today on the way to the blog soon!

I won't go into all of the long ways it took me to get here, but I'm glad there is a cookie for me to make, eat and enjoy now...and my family too.


Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 C - Blanched Almond Flour (blanched is best so the almond skin just get in the way...also, I just buy a bag of blanched almonds and blend my own, but you can buy it already done)
1 C- Nature's Path Organic Old-fashioned Oats
4 TBSP - Pure Maple Syrup
1 TBSP - Dr. Bronner's Coconut Oil (use it solid and not melted)
1 TBSP - Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Butter (I use Crunchy)
1/4 TSP - Vanilla Extract
1/4 TSP - Salt
1 TSP - Baking Powder (I always use Rumfords)
1/2 c (at least) - Enjoy Life Brand Mini Chocolate Chips
1 Duck Egg ( I use Duck, but you could use two chicken eggs too)

Blend altogether and drop cookie sized globs onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten them just a bit if you like and bake at 350 F for around 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.

ENJOY!!!!

xoxo,

Sara

No comments: